HEAD OF ELEMENTARY ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
HEAD OF SCHOOL
TEACHING FACULITY, SUPPORT STAFF AS DIRECTED
GATEWAY COLLEGE PREPARATRY SCHOOL, GEORGETOWN TEXAS
Responsible for the overall operations of Gateway College Prep with a focus on grade level-specific programming and development. Assists the Head of School in the development, implementation, and evaluation of school academic and developmental programming. Serves as a key communicator with parents and the community.
The Head of Section serves as an educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the Head of Section work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school faculty and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior. Maintain visibility with students, teachers, and parents.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
- Ensure sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement and instructional goals. Establish schedules and procedures for the supervision of students in non-classroom areas (including before and after school).
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school. Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students. File all required reports regarding violence, vandalism, attendance and discipline matters.
- Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect. Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel. Serve as a role model for students, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession. Encourage all teachers to do the same.
- Notify immediately his/her supervisor and appropriate personnel and agencies when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances..
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school. Conduct meetings, as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school: daily, weekly and monthly meetings. Develop clearly understood procedures and provide regular drills for emergencies and disasters.
- Establish procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities. Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of students, employees and visitors.
- Complete, in a timely fashion, all required records and reports. Maintain accurate attendance records. Maintain and account for all student activity funds and money collected from students
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records. Ensure that student records are complete and current. Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Organize and supervise procedures for identifying and addressing special needs of students including health-related concerns, and physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Supervise the exclusion from school of any pupil who shows departure from behavioral norms, normal health, who has been exposed to a communicable disease, or whose presence may be detrimental to the health and well-being of other pupils. Assure that the excluded pupil’s parents or guardian is apprised of the reasons for exclusion.
- Attend required committee meetings and extra school sponsored functions.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the supervisor and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with Gateway practices.
Duties involve sitting most of the time, bending, lifting, and standing. Variable duties and occasional irregular hours. No occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree from accredited college or university
- Texas EC-12 Principal and Elementary Certification
- Minimum of three years administrative experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience in instructional leadership roles.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal guidelines for special education, trends and practices of curriculum and instruction.
Orenda Education makes a $378 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums
We offer a comprehensive package of benefit options, including:
- Participation in the Texas Teachers Retirement System
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Term Life, Permanent Life and Accident Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 403b and 457b Investment Plans
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Critical Illness, Cancer Insurance
- Legal Services